The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information and counseling resources.
Note: these resources do not replace the therapy provided by a licensed professional.
Addiction and Recovery
Associations & Institutes
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
DSM-IV-TR: Diagnoses and Criteria
Dissociation and Traumatic Stress
Journals & Magazines
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersexed & Questioning
- American Psychological Association, APA's "Myth Buster"
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC's LGBT Health
- Family Equality
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, glaad
- Gay Pride New Orleans
- Human Rights Campaign, HRC
- It Gets Better Project
- Parents, Families, Friends of Lesbians and Gays, pflag
- The Phoenix Society at Tulane School of Medicine
- LGBT Community Center New Orleans
- LGBTQ Student Life at Tulane
- Louisiana Trans Advocates, LTA
- Loyola New Orleans' Queer Straight Student Alliance
- MOSAIC: Queer Straight Alliance at Tulane
- NAMI's "Double Stigma: GBLT People Living with Mental Illness"
- National Coalition for LGBT Health
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, The Task Force
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA's Resources
- The Trevor Project
- Tulane School of Medicine, Organization of Gays and Allies
Medications and Health Supplements
Mental Health Care General Links
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
Additional Mental Health Care & Counseling Resources
Dr. Chandler is not responsible for the content, claims or representations of the listed sites.